Why Choose Jungle Lore for Ladakh Trips?
- We design what you need. The itineraries on our website are standard plans but we are happy to customize them further for you. The accommodations given can be changed based on your budget and preferences.
- Experience of operating there for more than 15 years in forms of Group departures and customized trips.
- We know the secret places there and the untouched part of Ladakh. If you have more days on your hand or willingness to do something off the grid, we can help you!
- We also specialize in Wildlife and Birding Trips in the region. From Brown Bears, Snow Leopard Expeditions to birding trips, we design what you need.
- We offer assistance for climbing and trekking expeditions in the region. Please reach out to us for more details.
Day 1 – Arrival in Leh
Pickup from Leh airport and transfer to hotel. Full day rest for acclimatization. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 2- Leh local sightseeing
Post breakfast we do local sightseeing in Leh.
Pattharsahib Gurudwara: A beautiful Gurudwara constructed in memory of Guru Nanak Dev.It is situated on the Leh Kargil road. The armed forces looks after the Gurudwara.
Magnetic Hill: Alleged to have magnetic properties strong enough to pull car uphill. Visitors and residents alike claim the legend to be true.
Confluence of Sindhu and Zanskar rivers is a magical sight apart from the obvious geographical significance.
Moonland: As the name says it all, this particular area is said to resemble the moon surface.
Lamayuru Monastery: The Monastery is made up of number of shrines and is well known for its magnificent wall paintings.
DAY - 3 - Local sightseeing in Leh (11,562 ft)
Post breakfast we visit some more places near Leh
Sindhu Ghat: The Sindhu Ghat at Choglamsar village at the bank of Indus is where 50 senior Lamas hold prayers to mark the beginning of the Leh festival.
Thiksey Monastery: Thiksey Gompa is the most beautiful of all monasteries in Ladakh which lies on a hilltop to north of Indus River. The monastery is home to a 35ft Buddha statue, a must visit.
Shanti Stupa: A spectacular white domed structure, the Shanti Stupa located on a hilltop at Chagspa offers magnificent view of the sunset. It was constructed by a Buddhist organization, known as 'The Japanese for World Peace'.
Day 4 - Leh to Nubra - (130 Kms - 4.5 Hours)
After breakfast drive to Diskit Nubra via Khardungla pass 18,380 ft (world's highest motorable road) and reach Diskit where you have hot lunch at the hotel. After lunch we visit the famous sand dunes of Ladakh in Hunder & enjoy a camel safari in sand dunes. Overnight at Nubra.
Day 5 - Visit Diskit Monastery ( option to increase stay at Nubra by one night and visit Turtuk Village, and head straight to Pangong Lake the next day )
Diskit monastery is the oldest and the largest monastery in Nubra Valley. The Gompa roof is said to offer glorious views of Nubra valley. We make our way to Leh as the sun sets in. Evening free for shopping or relaxation. Overnight stay at Leh.
DAY 6 - Visit Pangong Lake (Optional overnight stay at Pangong) - (155 Kms- 5 Hours)
After crossing the third highest motorable pass the Changla Pass (17800 ft) one arrives at the picture perfect Pangong lake (14500 ft, highest saltwater lake). It’s an unimaginable 135 kms long with almost 70% of the lake in China. Its part of the Changthang geographical setting in the higher Himalayas. Post lunch departure for Leh. Overnight at Leh
Day 7 - Departure from Leh
Take a morning flight out of Leh.