The Ancient World of Hampi
Hampi formed one of the core areas of the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire from 1336 to 1565. It is situated on the banks of the Tungabhadra river in North Karnataka. It is classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and houses a range of monuments including the famous Virupaksha Temple. In Hindu mythology, this area is known as Kishkinda and believed to be the kingdom of the monkey god Hanuman.
This tour will give you a glimpse of the life in village settlements around Hampi and an opportunity to enjoy the stunning landscapes. We will ride on bullock carts as we explore villages, the rural countryside, farms, and ancient cave paintings. We will handicraft organisation and banana plantations.
About Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary
Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary was exclusively created for the preservation of the Indian Sloth bear. It is located at a distance of 15 km from the Hampi main site. Locally known as Karadi, the Sloth Bear (Melursus Ursinus) lives in open scrub forests having outcrop of rocks, tumbled boulders and caves as shelter. It is a protected species, listed in the Schedule I of the Indian Wildlife Protection Act, 1972 as well as in the Appendix I of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species. A visit to this sanctuary provides a unique opportunity to experience this threatened species in their natural habitat and understand the corresponding conservation issues.
DAY 1: 30th Nov - Arrival in Hampi
- Arrival in Hampi early in the morning and check into the resort.
- Post lunch we leave for Daroji Slot Bear Sanctuary.
- Dinner and overnight stay in the resort.
DAY 2 : 1st Dec - Hampi Cultural Tour – Village life, Arts & Cuisine (Full day)
Early morning we do a birding session at Tungbhadra river. We have breakfast on arrival in the hotel and we depart for the Cultural tour of Hampi
Hampi Culture tour includes:
- Moped and bullock carts rides as you explore the villages and countryside
- Tour of the heritage village Anegundi
- Interaction with the villagers over chai
- Special home cooked lunch at a stunning location
- Visit to ancient cave paintings
- Evening back to the resort. Dinner and overnight stay at the resort.
DAY 3: 2nd Dec - Hampi Heritage Tour – History, Monuments & Architecture (Full day)
Post breakfast local sightseeing in Hampi (World Heritage Site by UNESCO that houses a range of monuments including the famous Virupaksha Temple and the ruins of Vijaynagar Empire)
Day 4: 3rd Dec - Half day activity and drop to bus stop (half day)
Breakfast, half day sightseeing, lunch and drop to the bus stop.
Clarks Inn Hampi: Visit website
Trip Cost: Rs 21,000 + 5% GST per person
- 3 nights and 4 days stay in Clarks Inn
- Local sightseeing in Tempo Traveller
- Breakfast ( Day 1,2,3,4)
- Dinner, Day (1,2,3)
- Lunch ( Day 1,2)
- Birding at Tungabadhra river
- Entry to Daroji
Cost Excludes :
- Any other services or meals which are not mentioned in the above "Includes" section.
- Expense of personal nature such as mineral water, tips, laundry, telephones, beverages etc.
- Does not include Rail or Air Fare.
- Please email us at email@example.com or call at +91-22-24306658 for enquiries, bookings and other details
The Cost Does Not Include:
Trip Cost: Rs 21,000 + 5% GST